Ready to submit a request for your child in foster or kinship care? Please fill out the form below, and if it is approved by Fostering Further and your agency, we will post it on our Grant a Wish page for the community to sponsor. The reimbursement process usually takes at least 2 weeks.
As the responsible organization, we need to make sure the money is going where it was intended to go. Examples of things we sponsor include:
- Educational Expenses (e.g. school supplies or fees, course or lab fees, program fees, college entrance exams, and school pictures)
- Graduation & Senior Expense (up to $150/child)
- Recreational & Socialization Expenses (e.g. sports, camps and Scouting)
- Skill Building & Self-Enhancement Expenses (e.g. music, gymnastics and dance lessons)
- Therapeutic, Health & Safety Equipment
Examples of things we do not sponsor include:
- Memberships to organizations or recreational centers (e.g. zoos, science centers, YMCA, pools)
- Items that are already being provided by another organization or agency (e.g. baby formula by WIC)
- Events or items that are more than 30 days in the past.
- The request must be for a child currently in foster or kinship care (not yet adopted) in central Ohio.
- You must be the child’s current foster or kinship parent.
- Your agency will need to confirm that this is a current foster or kinship placement.
- Once your request has been approved by your agency and Fostering Further, we must have proof that you have purchased the item. You will be required to provide a receipt for reimbursement within 30 days.
- There is a limit of $500.00 per child per year.
- While not required, we would appreciate a thank-you note from either the child or caregiver within 30 days of the reimbursement or event.
- Even if your request is in line with all of the above guidelines, some requests may not be approved.
If you experience any issues, please send the required information to: info [at] fosteringfurther [dot] org